Customer Service SpecialistWorkrite Ergonomics
Customer Service Specialist
Workrite Ergonomics is an internationally recognized leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of innovative ergonomic solutions for the office environment. Workrite welcomes talented and energetic individuals interested in joining our dynamic, rapidly growing organization headquartered in the heart of Sonoma County.
Position Summary: The Customer Service Specialist reports to the Customer Service Manager but works closely with and takes direction from the Customer Service Lead on a daily basis. The position is primarily responsible for addressing all incoming calls, voicemails and emails received by the Customer Service Department, resolving all discrepancies on new Purchase Orders that require communication to the sales force and/or customers, and communicating order changes and missed shipment notifications.
Requirements: Associates degree or 2-3 years of experience in Customer Service or related field. Proficiency in MS Word and Excel, with working knowledge of ERP systems.
Skills Needed: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels, both inside and outside of the organization. Ability to practice critical thinking skills and strike the appropriate balance between satisfying the customer and doing the right thing for Workrite.
Examples of skills needed include:
- Problem solving
- Conflict management
- Provide proactive solutions and recommendations
- Self-confident with ability to assess situations, make sound decisions, and resolve problems or issues for the customer autonomously.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to handle multiple priorities efficiently and effectively.
- Continuously develop and expand knowledge of Workrite systems and procedures.
- Ability to comprehend and retain large amounts of information.
- Ability to maintain a broad view of the organization and department as well as strike a balance between written processes and common sense practices as situations arise.
- Detail oriented to provide highest degree of accuracy and completeness possible.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and complete them in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Strong work ethic
Essential Job Functions:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following essential functions of the job satisfactorily on a full-time basis.
- Address all incoming calls, voicemails and emails received through the Customer Service Department in a timely and professional manner.
- This includes, but is not limited to, order inquiries, change orders, product questions, lead time requests, General Service Agreement (GSA) program information, freight quotes, SPIFF accounts, delivery changes and customer complaints.
Follow up on all orders with issues or discrepancies to resolve issues in a timely manner as follows:
- Communication to customers and/or sales team to resolve discrepancies on new Purchase Orders and finalize order once resolution is determined.
- Communication of all delayed/missed shipment information to customers and sales team.
- Submit order correction requests (for pricing, sales code, invoice credits, retroactive SPIFF payments).
- Accurately enter customer sales orders, quotes and returns.
- Address basic technical support questions.
- Participate in process and product training as required.
- Project and/or Key Account coordination as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to work at a computer terminal for long periods of time. Coordinating among departments and within the department requires ability to move from workstation periodically. May be required to lift up to 20 pounds on occasion. Duties are not limited to the above job description. You may be asked to perform other duties from time to time as the needs of the department or company dictate.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.