Dining Services Manager
The John Ash & Co. restaurant is a celebration of wine country cuisine at its best. Nestled next to the spectacular Vintners Inn, with its 92 acres of lush vineyards and landscaped gardens, John Ash & Co. was the first Sonoma County restaurant to introduce the concept of cooking seasonally with fresh, local foods and produce and pairing these exceptional recipes with wines from the region. Learn more about us at www.vintnersresort.com where we Celebrate Everything!
We are recruiting for an enthusiastic, hardworking and experienced Dining Services Manager! If you can demonstrate exemplary customer service skills, an extensive food and beverage background, the ability to lead, train and motivate staff and the desire to ensure a quality experience to our guests then please apply.
Summary: As the Dining Services Manager, responsibilities include supervising front of the house food and beverage operations and creating a high level of service to all guests’ property wide. Areas of assignment will include John Ash, River Vine Café, Event Center and Off-Site as assigned by the Food & Beverage Operations Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Oversees FOH operations, specifically service standards.
· Assist other managers with the training and development of all front of the house service staff.
· Supervise service of guests, being watchful of signals from guests in need of service. Anticipate guests’ needs. Visit the tables to ensure total guest satisfaction.
· Conduct daily inspections of all areas to ensure sanitation, organization and safety standards are met.
· Processes end of day in a timely and accurate manner.
· Conducts line-up at the beginning of each service shift.
· Serves as Manager on Duty for the property as required/scheduled.
· Ensures team members have the correct equipment and supplies needed to work in an organized, efficient manner.
· Read daily communication sheets from previous shifts to keep abreast of personnel and maintenance issues.
· Assist in monthly inventories at all F&B outlets as assigned.
· Ensures quality and standards of service remains consistent with overall vision of the property.
· Interviews, hires and develops new employees in accordance with property standards.
· Supports corrective action and counseling of employees.
· Ensures that all team members are dressed and groomed appropriately according to department standards.
· Attends scheduled meetings as required.
· Assist in developing a loyal and trustworthy staff that takes pride in their work, thereby providing the highest level of service possible.
· Ensure quality and control of the Dining Room linen supplies and develop relations with the In-house laundry department and outside linen vendor
· Other duties as assigned by the Food & Beverage Operations Manager.
Is responsible for the overall direction of front of the house employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. In addition, oversee line personnel of other departments when scheduled as MOD.
Education and/or Experience:
· High School Diploma with supervisory experience in the hospitality industry. Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university Degree is preferable, however 3-5 years of restaurant management experience is required.
· California Food Handlers Certificate required.
· Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel as well as have a recent background with POS systems. Digital Dining and Open Table experience preferred.
· Open and flexible schedule, including night, weekend, and holiday availability.
· Candidates must be highly motivated, self-directed, and results driven with strong organizational skills, attention to detail and professional written and verbal communication skills.
· Must be a seasoned team player with a positive attitude and professional appearance.
· Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Starting salary $58-$60k. Complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, sick time, holidays and generous company discounts.
Submit your cover letter and resume for consideration. EOE.