Administrative SpecialistValley of the Moon Water District
Administrative Specialist $4,841-5,884 Monthly
The District is seeking a motivated individual to join the Administration and Finance Team. This position works under the supervision of the Administration & Finance Manager and is responsible for customer service, processing all customer bills, and payments and working directly with the District’s meter reader to ensure timely and accurate bills. This is a full-time position of generally 30 hours or more per week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are carried out as a member of the District’s office staff:
• Create a positive customer experience
• Answer customer questions in person and via phone; take payments in person; investigate and resolve complaints pertaining to utility billing procedures; compute and prepare water bills; audit and reconcile customer billing records; and collections
• Prepare work orders for field staff to investigate and repair meters, disconnect, restore, or verify services and to perform other service related changes
• Experience working with construction projects to insure proper paperwork and filing as required
• Implement portions of the District’s electronic asset management program
• Maintain a complex set of accounting records that require the ability to review, code, post, balance, adjust and summarize fiscal transactions or statistical data
• Reconcile data to prepare clear and accurate reports and statements
• Compile reports including, but are not limited to; the annual backflow testing program, lead and copper testing program; preparing monthly bacterial test reports, etc.
• Perform all other related duties as required
The ideal candidate is motivated, has a strong work ethic, and excellent customer service skills. Additionally the ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Correct English usage, spelling and grammar
• Office equipment such as computers, copiers, and FAX machines
• Appropriate computer software office applications
• Adhere to prescribed work schedule to conduct job responsibilities
• Read, analyze, and interpret general business correspondence, documents
• Provide excellent customer service and working relationships with District customers, co-workers, Directors and outside agencies
• Manage multiple projects and tasks ensuring that objectives and timelines are met
• Understand mathematical concepts and perform necessary computations
• Individual must be able to perform standard office practices and procedures, including frontline customer service, correct spelling, punctuation and grammatical usage; basic business arithmetic; practices and procedures related to accounting for cash receipts and maintenance of revenue accounts; basic business data processing principles as applied to revenue record keeping.
• Completion of the twelfth (12th) grade or equivalent. Associates degree in Business Administration or Public Administration is desirable, however, any combination of education, training and experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities could be qualifying
• A minimum of two years working in a customer service environment
• Possession and retention of a valid California Class C driver’s license; satisfactory driving record acceptable by District’s insurance company.
• Must pass a background check
• Proficiency in Microsoft computer programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Work at a desk for entire workday
• Work in an office environment, lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
• Sufficient finger/hand coordination and dexterity to operate office equipment
• Regularly uses a telephone for communication
• Hearing and vision within normal ranges with or without correction
• Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
THE SELECTION PROCESS
Interested persons must submit a completed District application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants who submit the required documents, meet the required qualifications will receive notice confirming the date, time and location of the hiring interview.
• Persons participating in a hiring interview and being considered for selection will be subject to a background investigation, once appointed employees serve a twelve-month probationary period.
• Documentation of eligibility to work in the United States will be required as a condition of employment. Valley of the Moon Water District participates in E-Verify.
A completed District application form is required, which may be obtained from the District’s website at: https://www.vomwd.org/employment
Questions regarding the recruitment should be directed to Chris Petlock, Administration & Finance Manager by email at email@example.com, or by phone at (707) 996-1037. Please drop-off at the District, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail completed applications to Valley of the Moon Water District, P.O. Box 280, El Verano, CA 95433. Applications must be received no later than the close of business on August 23, 2015.
The District provides a full complement of benefits including:
• Vacation (10 days per year; additional days are earned with additional years of service);
• Holidays (11 paid holidays per year, plus 2 floating paid holidays per year); sick leave (accrued at the rate of 4 hours per month for the first twelve months; then 8 hours per month thereafter);
• Workers’ Compensation (employees are covered for job-related injury);
• Long term disability insurance (provided to employees after 6 months of service);
• Health plans (provided through CalPERS, District contributes portion of the monthly premium for all plans for employees and dependents);
• Dental insurance (District contributes the monthly premium for Delta Dental plan for employees and dependents);
• Vision care (District contributes the monthly premium for vision care for employees and dependents);
• Life insurance (District contributes the monthly premium for term life insurance up to a maximum of a $100,000 policy);
• Retirement (Public Employee’s Retirement System, 2.5% at age 55 for “classic” members or 2% at 62 for “new” members).
• Deferred compensation (deferred compensation plan is available and the District matches up to $100 per month).
Applicants must certify the correctness of all information provided in the application, and must provide all required.