$5,437 - $7,285 Monthly*
FINAL FILING DATE: May 14, 2021
Under general supervision from the Finance Manager, this position maintains District accounting records, prepares financial documents, and reports and performs related work as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs all duties related to accounts payable, payroll, general ledger, journal entries, monthly and annual closures.
• Prepare periodic and annual reports.
• Maintain appropriate payroll and accounts payable records concerning District projects.
• Take customer payments, count the daily receipts, and maintain petty cash.
• Assist the Finance Manager in duties required by the Board of Directors.
• Perform front line customer service in person and via phone for District customers.
• Perform related duties as required.
This position includes cross-training, under the direction of the Administration Manager and Finance Manager, of the Administrative Specialist duties. This includes receiving and posting customer payments, answering phones, special administrative projects, and performing other related work as required.
The ideal candidate is organized, motivated, flexible, and has excellent customer service skills. They must also take initiative and thrive in detail-oriented work. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Proper spelling and grammar.
• Accounting and bookkeeping principles and practices.
• Federal and State employment laws.
• Office equipment such as computers, copiers, and FAX machines.
• Appropriate computer software office applications (Word, Excel, etc.).
• Adhere to prescribed work schedule to conduct job responsibilities.
• Write reports and prepare written correspondence in a clear and concise manner.
• Read, analyze, and interpret general business correspondence, documents, technical journals government regulations and construction plans.
• Ensure excellent customer service and working relationships with District customers, co-workers, Directors, and outside agencies.
• Manage multiple projects and ensure that objectives and timelines are met.
• Understand mathematical concepts and perform necessary computations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and have the following qualifications:
• Minimum of two years processing payroll, AP, and related accounting functions.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft computer programs including Word and Excel.
• Degree in business administration, accounting or related field is desired but any combination of education, training and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities would be qualifying.
• Possession and retention of a valid California driver’s license.
• Work at a desk for entire workday and days exceeding 8hrs.
• Limited exposure to sun and walking on uneven job sites.
• Work in an office environment, lift and move objects up to 25 pounds.
• Sufficient finger/hand coordination and dexterity to operate office equipment.
• Regularly uses a telephone for communication.
• Hearing and vision within normal ranges with or without correction.
• Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
Interested persons must submit a completed District application and provide an official DMV three-year driving history printout. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. Persons participating in a hiring interview and being considered for selection will be subject to a background investigation and must pass a District-sponsored physical examination including a drug/alcohol test; once appointed employees serve a twelve-month probationary period.
2. Documentation of eligibility to work in the United States will be required as a condition of employment. Valley of the Moon Water District participates in E-Verify.
Questions regarding the recruitment should be directed to Amanda Hudson, Acting Administration and Finance Manager by email at email@example.com. Please mail completed applications to Valley of the Moon Water District, P.O. Box 280, El Verano, CA 95433. Applications must be received (not postmarked) no later than the close of business on May 14, 2021.