Staff AccountantSonoma Media Investments
Sonoma Media Investments (SMI) is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant to join our team. The Staff Accountant will handle a variety of job duties including implementing procedures necessary to maintain and develop accounting data and internal controls as well as reconcile accounts in accordance with established guidelines. This position participates in review of month end closing entries and reconciliations.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for all fixed asset accounting. Maintain fixed asset records for the Company.
- Reconcile cash and bank accounts.
- Process monthly close for circulation and advertising system.
- Responsible for all inventory accounting and comparison with prior periods and budgets. Checks monthly newsprint counts and observes the physical inventory.
- Responsible for month end close journal entries.
- Prepare Product Profit & Loss analysis as needed.
- Prepare quarterly and annual sales tax.
- Responsible for the daily cash processing.
- Responsible for recording all revenue accounting activities to ensure that revenues and receivables are accurately reported, invoiced, and presented in prevailing accounting pronouncements.
- Responsible for reconciling revenue issues including but not limited to reclassifications and adjustments.
- Responsible for reconciling the sub-ledger and the general ledger and handling revenue and cost of sale analysis and calculations.
- Responsible for researching and resolving billing discrepancies.
- Responsible for 1099 research and resolution.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Controller or CFO.
- Backup Account Payable and Receivable desks.
- Working with the advertising department to ensure all revenue is properly recorded.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- Two years of solid accounting experience.
- Background of accounting business systems.
Sonoma Media Investments (SMI) is an independent, privately-owned multimedia company based in Santa Rosa is seeking Staff Accountant to join our team. Formed in 2012 by a consortium of local investors who recognize the value of quality local journalism, SMI is home to the most-read publications and websites in the affluent Sonoma Valley, north of San Francisco.
Each week, seven out of ten North Bay adults – more than 376,000 in total – engage with the many SMI publications and their corresponding websites, including : The Pulitzer Prize-Winning Press Democrat (the flagship daily), The Sonoma Index-Tribune, Petaluma Argus-Courier, The North bay Business Journal, Sonoma Magazine and La Prensa Sonoma (the region’s premier Spanish-language newspaper and website).
Sonoma Media Investment values the contribution of our employees and offers a competitive compensation plan. We also offer an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401K and Paid Time Off.
Sonoma Media Investments is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background investigation and pre-employment drug testing.
Sonoma Media Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer