Events and Local Partnerships Director
Sonoma Media Investments (SMI) is seeking an Events and Local Partnerships Director to join our marketing team. This position focuses on producing events & activities, with desired attendance and quality. In addition, this position will help develop and fulfill local partnerships/sponsorships within the communities we serve, based on our brand and business objectives.
THIS POSITION IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Develop, plan, and produce highly profitable and well organized events (virtual and in–person events) in conjunction with the brand and business strategies of the SMI Executive team.
- Responsible for steering event marketing through various media and communication platforms, and driving attendance.
- Responsible for insuring our presence at B to B conferences and networking events is well organized, proactive and in alignment with our branding and business goals.
- Responsible for ensuring all appropriate required permits for events are received and SMI is in compliance of all laws for events we are hosting and/or participating.
- Effective expense budget management of our events and event participation.
- Responsible for contract negotiation of memberships and vendors.
- Works in conjunction with the CRO on sponsorship benefits & packages, and with the sales team on negotiations of sponsorships and partnerships.
- Responsible for determining what events and non-profits we will align our brand with and support, including negotiating and our fulfillment of all local partnerships agreements.
- Develops and maintains effective relations with key sponsors, suppliers, support vendors, non-profits and speakers.
- Discover, Investigate and develop new event or partnership/sponsorship opportunities for consideration, with an eye on our future and positioning our company as a thought leader of innovation and the premier source of local trusted news and information in Sonoma County.
- Supervise an event coordinator and an admin staff member who will assist you, and the Celebrate Community program manager. The admin staff member will be responsible for assisting with event organization, communication, ad fulfilment, etc.
- Provides and promotes the highest level of customer service and inter-personal, inter-departmental and intra-departmental relations at SMI.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or related field preferred. Or a minimum of 4 years of experience with successful multiple event planning and coordination.
- Demonstrated past success in a comparable position is a plus.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation.
Sonoma Media Investments (SMI) is an independent, privately-owned multimedia company based in Santa Rosa. Formed in 2012 by a consortium of local investors who recognize the value of quality local journalism, SMI is home to the most-read publications and websites in the affluent Sonoma Valley, north of San Francisco.
Each week, seven out of ten North Bay adults – more than 376,000 in total – engage with the many SMI publications and their corresponding websites, including: The Pulitzer Prize-Winning Press Democrat (the flagship daily), The Sonoma Index-Tribune, Petaluma Argus-Courier, The North bay Business Journal, Sonoma Magazine and La Prensa Sonoma (the region’s premier Spanish-language newspaper and website).
Sonoma Media Investments values the contribution of all its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan and an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off and more.
Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background investigation and pre-employment drug testing.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter.