Circulation District ManagerSonoma Media Investments
The Press Democrat, a division of Sonoma Media Investments, is seeking a full-time District Manager to join our Circulation Department. Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment, and work a flexible schedule, including early hours, weekends and holiday shifts.
- Manage carriers to meet delivery service, sales and circulation objectives in assigned territories.
- Recruit and train independent carriers.
- Monitor the performance of independent contractors (carriers) by implementing the independent agreement.
- Increase home delivery circulation in assigned area.
- Deliver newspapers to missed delivery addresses and check delivery service of carriers as scheduled.
- Deliver down routes and collect as necessary.
- Maintain accurate delivery lists and other reports related to the performance of the carriers.
- Must have previous experience as a carrier, related position in the circulation department or have previous managerial experience.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to operate a calculator, cell phone and computer.
- Must provide reliable transportation, be capable of driving and hold a valid California driver’s license along with the state required automobile insurance.
- Must be mobile and capable of lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to communicate with subscribers, non-subscribers, independent contractors, and office personnel on a frequent basis.
Schedule: Presently scheduling work from 1AM. Candidate must be available to work weekends and holidays.
The Press Democrat values the contribution of its employees and offers a competitive compensation plan. We also offer an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, accident insurance and paid time off. Additionally, we are committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background investigation and pre-employment drug testing.
The Press Democrat is an Equal Opportunity Employer