Account Executive, Outside Sales
Sonoma Media Investments (SMI) is an independent, privately-owned multimedia company based in Santa Rosa. We are currently seeking an Account Executive, Outside Sales professional to join our advertising team. Formed in 2012 by a consortium of local investors who recognize the value of quality local journalism, SMI is home to the most-read publications and websites in the affluent Sonoma Valley, north of San Francisco.
Each week, seven out of ten North Bay adults – more than 376,000 in total – engage with the many SMI publications and their corresponding websites, including: The Pulitzer Prize-Winning Press Democrat (the flagship daily), The Sonoma Index-Tribune, Petaluma Argus-Courier, The North bay Business Journal, Sonoma Magazine and La Prensa Sonoma (the region’s premier Spanish-language newspaper and website).
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop new business through effective research, prospecting, and consultative selling techniques.
- Formulate multimedia recommendations that connect solutions to advertiser’s needs.
- Provide excellent customer service & follow through to sustain long-term relationships.
- Achieve targeted revenue projections by demonstrating the value of our multimedia advertising products and selling them to small/medium sized local businesses.
- Collaborate with our talented artists in designing creative campaigns/ads that produce positive results for our customers.
- Excellent problem solving, communication and facilitation skills.
- 1+ years marketing, customer service or sales experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience education preferred.
Sonoma Media Investment values the contribution of our employees and offers a competitive compensation plan. We also offer an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401K and Paid Time Off.
Sonoma Media Investments is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background investigation and pre-employment drug testing.
This position could require in-person meetings with clients throughout Sonoma County. Interested candidates should live locally, or be willing to relocate to this area.
Sonoma Media Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer