LaborerSonoma Marin Area Rail Transit
SMART is a new passenger rail service serving Marin and Sonoma counties in the Northern San Francisco Bay Area. The Laborer position is part of our Vehicle Maintenance team. This position is essential to our ability to provide a first-class customer experience to our riders by keeping our trains clean, inside and out.
Under direction of the Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor, the Laborer position is responsible for cleaning and servicing rail vehicles and related equipment and facilities. This position will be responsible for performing a variety of janitorial duties in maintaining vehicle maintenance shops, offices, revenue vehicles, and related equipment in a clean and orderly condition; performs related work as assigned. This position will be responsible for work activities primarily on the Swing and Grave shifts, weekends, and holidays to ensure clean, safe and efficient transportation to the public.
Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Sweeps, mops, steams, scrapes and washes the interior and exterior, , of Diesel Multiple Units (DMUs) and locomotives as well as non-revenue service vehicles; hand wash front and back ends.
- Cleans revenue vehicles by removing trash, vacuuming carpets, floors and seats, scrubbing walls, doors and windows and spotting and shampooing carpeted and upholstered areas.
- Cleans and disinfects restrooms and restocks restroom supplies on revenue vehicles;
- Replaces worn seat covers as required;
- Inspects and cleans interior light fixtures as required.
- Drain and flush waste tanks.
- Performs daily visual vehicle inspection, reporting defects; checks and replaces consumables and equipment as necessary.
- Conducts the movement of rail cars and train movements using hand and/or flag signals or radio, in accordance with railroad rules and regulations.
- Moves maintenance vehicles around the yard to provide fueling, and related servicing to DMUs and locomotives.
- Prepares required daily reports, reporting any abnormal conditions to a supervisor.
- Checks quantity of and dispenses fuel and water to a variety of automotive and maintenance and service equipment.
- Posts, adds and subtracts the amounts of commodities used.
- Replaces accessories such as light bulbs, mirrors, and wipers.
Full Time $28.14/hour + Benefits
Recruitment Closes: 12/14/18
More Info: email@example.com