Senior Civil Engineer, Design Project Manager
Location: Northern coastal California, Eureka office
Compensation & Benefits:
- Wage range is approximately $75,000 to $100,000
- Flexible work schedule
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Family-friendly and supportive team culture, shareholder opportunities
- Live, work, and play in the beautiful coastal redwoods and rural communities of Northern California
What are SHN’s minimum qualifications?
- Active California P.E. license
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of civil experience in municipal engineering, roadway design, hydraulic design, and project management
- Project management/coordination skills and desire to help develop others
- Experience with design and modeling software tools, specifically AutoCAD/Civil 3D
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Valid California driver's license
What additional knowledge and experience would make me a great candidate?
- Site development and MS4 stormwater regulations
- Caltrans design standards
- Caltrans local assistance and the LAPM
- Construction management
- Supervising or mentoring others
- Working in consulting
What kind of work would I be doing?
As a Design Project Manager, you will be joining a growing engineering team at SHN and have a leadership role within the Civil Engineering practice. Active engagement with clients, including local municipalities, will be critical to your success. Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Develop and assess civil design documents including, but not limited to site development plans, local roads, complete streets, drainage and ADA compliant intersections etc.
- Ensure project costs, schedule, and performance targets are achieved
- Serve as project manager/liaison between technical resources and clients, including attending client meetings, town halls, etc.
- Engaging in business development efforts to support the development of project pipeline
- Mentor and coach more junior engineers and project managers to develop staff
SHN is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer