Banking Center Manager
Savings Bank of Mendocino County, the area’s premier local community bank for over 117 years has two Banking Center Manager career opportunities available.
Opportunity #1: Ukiah Main Banking Center Manger – Level 2
Opportunity #2: Willits Banking Center Manager – Level 1
Job Title: Banking Center Manager
Department: Assigned Banking Center
Reports To: Branch Center Operations Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Grade: Level 1 (Willits BC) – SG 19 ($71,074-$83,616 Annually) DOE
Level 2 (Ukiah Main) – SG 20 ($80,408-$94,598 Annually) DOE
The ideal candidate for this hands-on position will possess a passion for helping others achieve their professional goals and have an outgoing, energetic personality. In addition to managing daily operations this individual will perform all service functions including transaction processing, opening and maintaining accounts; assisting customers with account questions; successfully resolving problems; providing new products and services; and referring customers to designated specialists throughout the Bank. This individual will also participate in marketing activities and networking opportunities. SBMC is excited to add to our team of individuals seeking to fulfill the Bank’s vision of Investing in the future as your local independent bank, committed to the prosperity of our communities, employees and shareholders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mentor, coach, train and manage staff to provide a positive customer service experience in harmony with our Customer Service Standards and Principles and Professional Standards; including having regular 1:1 meetings, daily huddles, observations and career development activities.
- Possess a thorough understanding and working knowledge of operations and technologies utilized at our banking centers, including a thorough knowledge of consumer and business products and services, electronic banking, consumer lending products and delivery channels
- Implement change effectively and ensure all staff understands changes in procedures or methodologies by ‘inspecting what you expect’.
- Proactively engage customers to identify needs, build relationships and provide products and services that best meet their needs; open all types of accounts and perform debit card maintenance, while utilizing our lobby coverage methodology (ENGAGE) as applicable.
- Be a problem solver who recommends workable solutions for resolving service issues, operational challenges and procedural changes to manager.
- Participate in community events during or after Banking hours that help strengthen customer
- Lead the team to balance customer needs, regulatory requirements and sound operational practices through effective performance management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Minimum of 5 years of banking center operations experience, including: teller/CSR, new accounts, certifications, training/mentoring and a broad understanding of overall banking center operations.
- Level 1: Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience writing and delivering performance reviews; corrective counselings, coaching, mentoring and assisting staff with career development.
- Level 2: Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience writing and delivering performance reviews; corrective counselings, coaching, mentoring and assisting staff with career development.
- Associate’s Degree in a field related to the position
- Bilingual skills
- Competitive, market-based pay
- Comprehensive insurance benefits package including medical, dental, vision and more
- 401(k) plan with maximum 6% employer match
- Profit Sharing plan
- Generous paid time off plans
- Employee Health and Wellness program
- Community volunteer opportunities
- Career development and training opportunities
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled