Summer Day Camp Counselors
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead, help and encourage the planned assigned small group in the scheduled activities each week. Activities will include crafts, nature, songs, games, opening and closing ceremonies, outdoor events.
- Identify and respond to Campers and Volunteer behavior issues.
- Ensure that the site is kept clean, organized, and free of litter.
- Follow all Protecting the Mission (PTM).
- Know and understand ALL emergency procedures associated with the camp program.
- Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the camp and all program areas. This includes but is not limited to being responsible for your campers’ safety and their whereabouts always.
- Help guide your assigned Camp Volunteer to have a deeper understanding of leadership.
- If applicable, maintain constant surveillance of the park areas - review all emergency procedures and report emergency situations immediately.
- Experience in working with youth is a plus.
- Experience working with a faith-based organization will be a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma
- Proven leadership skills with guiding youth.
- An enthusiastic and friendly approach to job duties with the ability to lead others positively.
- Demonstrates sound judgment in a variety of situations.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter that can follow through with camp activities.
- Anticipates and responds to the needs of campers.
- A flexible style that also displays a willingness to learn.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis
Ability to grasp, push, and/or pull objects
Ability to reach overhead
Ability to operate telephone
Ability to lift to 25 lbs.
Ability to operate a computer
Ability to process written, visual, and/or verbal information
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests if the accommodation needed would not result in undue hardship.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities