Surveillance OfficerRiver Rock Casino
Age Requirement: Candidates must be aged 18 or older.
Salary: Pay starts at $16.50 per hour. Full Medical/Dental/PTO/Tuition Reimbursement plus hiring bonus for Full Time positions.
Job Summary: Protects company assets and the safety of guests and staff through the surveillance of the gaming enterprise. Communicates all infractions through the chain of command. Observes all casino operations via surveillance camera including: cash counting in soft/hard count and all cash transactions in cages and on gaming tables; evaluates all employee activities and observes all players on the property; reports all cheating infractions and suspicious activities to Surveillance Manager and stores events in surveillance archive.
1. Monitors all security and employee areas to ensure conduct of all gaming operations is in accordance with RRC Policies and Procedures and those established by the Dry Creek Gaming Commission.
2. Responds to radio and phone calls and accurately records data in the report writing system while maintaining surveillance of casino operations by utilizing surveillance equipment/software.
3. Report and log all incidents of suspicious, criminal or unusual activity, suspicious persons, and exclusions to the Surveillance Supervisor/Manager.
4. Maintain the confidentiality of all privileged and sensitive information.
5. Operates facility surveillance systems in accordance with the standards set forth in the Dry Creek Gaming Commission regulations, NIGC-MICS, or any other applicable gaming rule or regulation.
6. Operates surveillance equipment such as CCTV (Close Circuit Television), PC Workstations, DVR, NVR, printers, switches and other computerized equipment.
7. Operates surveillance software applications including but not limited to i-View, iGNet, iGWatch Software, Window Vision Host/Remote Program, and Microsoft Office Suite Program.
8. Maintains security of the surveillance room and equipment by understanding policies and procedures of who may access the surveillance room and/or surveillance equipment.
9. Responsible for maintenance of surveillance records and documents.
10. Maintains the following logs: entrances/departures log from surveillance room, video archive library log, malfunction/repair log and daily activity log.
11. Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and Gaming Commission policies and procedures.
12. Attends all required meetings and training sessions.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
2. Minimum of 1 year experience in surveillance, security or police arena required.
3. Familiarity with video surveillance equipment preferred.
4. Familiarity with games under surveillance preferred.
5. Ability to maintain alert attention to detail throughout the course of a shift.
6. Ability to perform basic PC troubleshooting.
7. Ability to type at least 25 words per minute.
8. Must be computer literate.
9. Must have excellent oral and written communications skills.
Physical, Environmental And Intellectual Conditions:
1. Must be able to read, interpret and understand laws, governmental regulations, procedures and other governmental communications and documents.
2. Must have ability to recognize non-compliant conditions prior to violations and make necessary recommendations to management for corrective action to maintain compliance in advance.
3. Must be able to work weekends and holidays, and all assigned shifts (i.e. graveyard, swing and day shifts); must be able to work mandatory overtime as assigned.
4. Must be able to understand and employ technical report writing and use proper grammar and punctuation in written documentation.
5. Requires prolonged periods sitting, standing, walking, reaching, kneeling, bending and/or stooping in the performance of daily duties.
6. Must possess the aptitude and technical ability to operate surveillance equipment including close circuit television, Personal Computers, printers and other peripherals as needed to perform the job.
7. Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues consistently for extended periods.
8. Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
9. Must be able to respond and address multiple priorities simultaneously.
10. Must have manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment.
11. Must be able to work harmoniously with supervisors and co-workers, and work as part of a team.
12. Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke.
13. Must be able to lift and carry the weight needed to perform the duties of the job (up to 50 pounds).
14. May be required to work independently at times.
15. Must present a well-groomed appearance.
The Dry Creek Gaming Commission reserves the right to make changes to this job description. Must pass a pre-employment drug test, fingerprint and background check.