COUNT TEAM MEMBERRiver Rock Casino
Count Team Member
JOB TITLE: Count Team Member
STATUS: Full Time or Part-time
JOB CODE: HG4
REPORTS TO: Count Team Supervisor
WORKING HOURS: This is an hourly position. The incumbent is expected to work the necessary hours to meet the needs of a 24 hour establishment.
SUMMARY: Accurately gathers and verifies all drops from gaming departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verifies slot and chip drops.
- Counts and records contents from machines (currency) and table games drop boxes according to established internal controls and operating procedures.
- Transports contents to the soft count room.
- Verifies accuracy of the actual amount counted to count documents and records.
- Verifies that all information received follows company policies and procedures, is properly approved and coded, and is supported by all necessary documentation.
- Assists with the general upkeep of count room.
- Assists with the repairs and maintenance of count room equipment.
- Commits to the Team R.O.C.K. Philosophy.
- Acts as a role model and always present oneself as a credit to River Rock Casino and encourages others to do the same.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, department and company policies and procedures.
- Attends all required meetings and training.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
No supervisory responsibilities for this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
- Basic accounting, general office experience, data entry, ten key adding machines, calculator by touch, and currency counting machine skills preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Prior money handling and count room experience preferred (bank, casino, sales, etc.).
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present professional appearance at all times.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality with respect to all matters pertaining to the gaming enterprise business.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are important to the successful conduct of this position.
- Ability to write accurate, grammatically correct, polished reports and business correspondence.
- Must be able to speak with the public in a professional manner.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to proactively streamline processes for company’s return on investment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to process detailed work and requests for information or assistance in a timely manner.
- Ability to apply regulatory and procedure doctrine, concepts, and policy to practical situations.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license from the Dry Creek Gaming Commission.
- Must be able to maneuver around all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50.
- Must have manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment.
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel, twist and grip items.
- Must be able to respond to visual and audio cues.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- This is a fast paced, highly diverse work environment, and the position requires the ability to remain flexible and get along with all personality types.
- Must be able to manage a number of priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to respond calmly to customer concerns and questions.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke.
River Rock Casino, in conjunction with Human Resources, reserves the right to make changes to this job description at any time.
A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, FINGERPRINT, AND BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED
I hereby acknowledge that I have read and reviewed this Job Description with my employer. I also acknowledge that I have full and complete understanding of this Job Description and agree to the above noted Job Responsibilities/ Conditions. Furthermore, I agree to accept and accomplish any reasonable task assigned by my superior(s).
Employee Signature: _______________________________________ Date: ______________________________
Supervisor Signature: ______________________________________ Date: ______________________________