Beverage ServerRiver Rock Casino
SUMMARY: Responsible for providing friendly beverage service to all guest or patrons in an efficient, courteous and professional manner, displaying a high standard of guest service.
$1,500 hiring bonus for full-time positions! $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement.
Age Requirement: Candidates must be aged 21 or older.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs necessary tasks to serve guests (i.e. greets casino patrons, taking and filling all food and beverage orders).
- Takes Beverage orders from casino patrons and delivers them promptly. Coordinates with bartenders when placing and retrieving beverage orders.
- Makes coffee as needed.
- Adds ice and changes soft drink containers.
- Prepares server station and ensures all stocking and side work are complete.
- Maintains a neat and clean service area.
- Acts immediately on all customer comments to ensure that corrections are made.
- Commits to the Team R.O.C.K. Philosophy.
- Acts as a role model and always present oneself as a credit to River Rock Casino and encourages others to do the same.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, department and company policies and procedures.
- Attends all required meetings and training.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess a pleasant personality.
- Previous F&B experience preferred.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present professional appearance at all times.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality with respect to all matters pertaining to the gaming enterprise business.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Bilingual skills preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are important to the successful conduct of this position.
- Ability to write accurate, grammatically correct, polished reports and business correspondence.
- Must be able to speak with the public in a professional manner.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to proactively streamline processes for company’s return on investment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to process detailed work and requests for information or assistance in a timely manner.
- Ability to apply regulatory and procedure doctrine, concepts, and policy to practical situations.
- Must be able to maneuver around all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds to carry service trays. (depending on position)
- Must have manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment.
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel, twist and grip items.
- Must be able to respond to visual and audio cues.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- This is a fast paced, highly diverse work environment, and the position requires the ability to remain flexible and get along with all personality types.
- Must be able to manage a number of priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to respond calmly to customer concerns and questions.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke.
River Rock Casino, in conjunction with Human Resources, reserves the right to make changes to this job description at any time.
A pre-employment drug test, fingerprint, and background check is required.