CLERICAL/RECEPTIONIST – ASSISTANTRedwood Empire Schools' Insurance Group
WORKERS’ COMP. CLERICAL/RECEPTIONIST – ASSISTANT
RATE PER HOUR: $20.11 – $25.67
COMMENSURATE WITH QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
TERM: FULL-TIME (subject to a one year probationary period)
BENEFITS: MANDATORY PARTICIPATION FOR MEDICAL BENEFITS.
Employee/dependent medical (80% Employer/20% Employee), employer paid dental, vision, life insurance, short term/long term disability; employee/employer paid retirement (CalPERS); vacation, and sick leave.
(RESIG does not pay into Social Security or SDI—State Disability.)
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday, October 11, 2019, at 4:30 p.m.
Under the direct supervision of the Workers’ Compensation Claims Manager, the Clerical/Receptionist – Assistant will perform a variety of general clerical duties of average difficulty, using a personal computer and other routine office equipment. This position will provide clerical assistance and support related to the Workers’ Compensation Claims Department. This position will also be expected to perform related work as assigned and required.
Principal Job Duties:
- Sort and direct mail.
- Scan and link mail, reports and documents into an imaging system.
- Perform various computer functions including maintenance of databases, processing of bills for transmission, typing of routine documents and correspondence, electronic file transfers, check printing/processing, and Medicare queries.
- Maintain hard-copy and electronic files and records as necessary.
- Communicate with school districts, vendors, injured workers, etc., via telephone, e-mail and in-person.
- Provide back up to the front-desk Clerical/Receptionist and Resource Coordinator.
- Research a variety of topics using the Internet or other sources.
- Copy materials and prepare informational packets.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Recordkeeping techniques
- Office methods and equipment, filing systems, telephone techniques, letter writing, and well-developed computer skills required in Windows-based applications
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with peers, managers and those contacted in the course of work.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Carry out verbal and written directions independently.
- Independently and effectively organize and prioritize workload with frequent interruptions.
- Work with audio/visual equipment.
- Adapt to changing situations, analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Represent RESIG in a manner consistent with the policies, practices, and procedures of the organization.
- Observe health and safety regulations.
- Lift and carry up to 25 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Work and walk on slippery, uneven or irregular surfaces.
- Work while sitting, standing, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling and climbing.
- Work with office equipment and computerized workstation which involves repetitive arm and hand movement.
- Minimum of two (2) years clerical experience;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Experience in the public sector or public schools is desirable.
- Typing certificate: 40 wpm
For application materials, please refer to the Application Packet (PDF)
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday, October 11, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
Candidates should deliver, by mail or in person a cover letter, completed application, resume, and typing certificate to:
Redwood Empire Schools’ Insurance Group
Attention: Human Resources Dept.
5760 Skylane Boulevard
Windsor, CA 95492
The examination of this classification will consist of:
- Evaluation of the application material submitted; incomplete submission packets will be rejected.
- Qualified applicants will be asked to attend an oral interview and a Basic Skills Test on Wednesday, October 16, 2019.
Successful applicant must be fingerprinted, and a satisfactory Department of Justice records check must be received prior to employment.
Per California Government Code Sections 3100-3109 all public employees are disaster service workers subject to such disaster service activities as may be assigned to them by their superiors or by law. All disaster service workers shall, before they enter upon the duties of their employment, take and subscribe to the oath or affirmation required by the Government Code. In case of an emergency or disaster, public employees are required by law to respond to the disaster when so assigned.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/TITLE IX EMPLOYER