Peace and Justice Center Plowshares Peace and Justice Center, Executive Director Job Description
Reports to: Board of Directors
Salary range: $57,000 -$62,000. This is an exempt position.
The Executive Director works with the board and staff to fulfill the mission of Plowshares. The Executive Director has complete authority and responsibility to manage and conduct all of the business of Plowshares, subject to review by the Board of Directors. The Executive Director is professional, organized, has excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, in-depth knowledge of budgets, is computer-literate, and is skilled at problem-solving, contract negotiation, relationship-building and donor development. The Executive Director is expected to embrace Plowshares’ mission and philosophy.
- Give direction and leadership to the formulation and achievement of the organization's philosophy, mission, and goals and objectives.
- Work with the Board of Directors and staff to develop and implement policies, procedures, and long-range strategic plans.
- Oversee administrative, financial and program operations, and all personnel matters (design of staff organizational structure, hiring and discharge responsibilities, etc.). Prepare and, following Board approval, administer the Plowshares annual budget.
- Develop and publish the monthly newsletter, annual fundraiser and other printed material.
- Negotiate and ensure compliance with Plowshares contracts. Manage the overall operation of Plowshares production facilities and equipment.
- Establish and oversee training and development programs.
- Pursue and incorporate new revenue sources through a variety of fundraising mechanisms, consistent with the mission statement of the organization.
- Maintain a close working relationship with representatives of the County of Mendocino and City of Ukiah, Plowshares neighbors, and the community in general.
- Ensure compliance with all county, city and state regulations.
- Stay informed of trends, issues, events and developments in related areas of interest,through professional peer contacts, conference attendance, etc.
- Develop and coordinate an active volunteer program.
1.Excellent oral and written communication skills.
2.Excellent leadership and management skills.
3.Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook
4.Excellent problem-solving/conflict-resolution skills
5.Ability to foster a cooperative atmosphere among staff, volunteers, and guests
6.Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all matters7.Ability to work with the chronically poor, those in crisis,and those experiencing mental health issues or substance abuse
Plowshares operates a commercial kitchen and a Community Dining Room that is open to the public. This position requires the ability to work with those suffering from poverty, crisis, substance abuse, mental health issues, and developmental and physical disabilities.
Required Education and Experience
1.4-year degree in social services, business or related field,or 8 years equivalent work experience
2.Previous managerial or director role
Preferred Education and Experience
1.Previous work experience in a commercial kitchen
2.Previous work experience in a social services environment
Valid DL and insurance with clean driving record
Must pass background and complete reference check
Must pass drug test prior to hire,and submit to random drug testing to ensure compliance with Plowshares’ drug-free workplace policy.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits include health insurance, SIMPLE IRA retirement plan, holiday, vacation and sick pay. and Food Share programs.