Commercial HVAC Service Manager
Commercial HVAC Service Manager
Peterson Mechanical is a Sonoma-based mechanical contractor providing a single source for reliable mechanical systems in the San Francisco Bay Area, specializing in HVAC, plumbing and refrigeration for a wide variety of market sectors including Healthcare, Technology, Education, Office Space, Hospitality, Winery, High Rise and Low Rise Residential. Peterson Mechanical provides pre-construction, pre-fabrication, custom fabrication, design/build and plan/spec. solutions for San Francisco, Oakland, Sonoma, Napa and the surrounding areas.
Job Summary: The Commercial Service Manager visits job sites, analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, material, equipment, and other costs to assigned HVAC projects and services. The Commercial Service Manager creates preliminary estimates for planning purposes and detailed itemized estimates based on final plans and specifications, material and labor requirements and develops itemized lists. The position is responsible for planning, organizing, and scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors or subcontractors, and determining timeline for the project. He/she can revise estimates as requested and follow-up with clients upon completion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes labor, material, and time requirements for project
- Maintains files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures
- Negotiates pricing
- Analyzes requirements for Carrier Controls projects
- Coordinates support activities and maintains relationships with all parties involved in project
- Analyzes, compares, and interprets detailed information to make sound and accurate judgments
- Attends jobsite walkthroughs
- Gathers first-hand information from sites, warehouse, or other venues
- Pitches sales; fulfills client appointments in a timely manner
- Builds relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers etc.)
- Creates estimates in Excel
- Obtains proposals and reviews offers and quotes by subcontractors or vendors
- Makes follow up’s and checks in with clients often to verify if any questions or concerns, to promote the sale
- Performs project management activities; provides consultation on planning (schedules, manpower needs etc.)
- Presents detailed reports to management
- Assists in recruiting talent.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- HS Diploma
- Three to five years minimum experience in estimating residential and small-scale construction jobs
- Advanced knowledge of residential and light commercial HVAC systems
- Knowledge of HVAC installation process
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to create professional presentations
- Ability to create reports on costing data
- Ability to work well on a team
- Working knowledge of technical drawings and requirements
- Working knowledge of sales tactics and warranties
- Ability to interpret computerized data
- Ability to negotiate favorable pricing
- Computer literacy in office communication programs, Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with vendors, suppliers, subcontractors and clients
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Professional demeanor and courteous disposition
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- BS or AA degree from accredited university
- Project management training certificate.
- Training and/or certifications in construction safety, defensive driving, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of construction industry
- Mechanical aptitude
There is frequent bending, walking, carrying and lifting; some sitting for prolonged periods. Manual dexterity required for computer work. There is occasional lifting of up to 75 lbs. There will be exposure to confined spaces, such as, attics and roofs. Office and outdoor construction environments should be expected. Must be able to wear work boots and perform ladder work. It will require some exposure to cold, heat, weather, and sun. Work conditions include construction site noise level. Reasonable accommodations will be made available.