Accounts Payable Administrator
$28-$31 per hour.
North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work 2021 Winner
Recognized as one of the North Bay’s “Best Places to Work”, Peterson Mechanical a well-established construction contractor in Sonoma, is seeking an Accounts Payable Administrator. Responsibilities include creating, entering, and processing payments for all vendors and contractors; reconciling and researching vendor accounts; and acts as back-up to the Contracts Administrator. This is a full time position, Monday through Friday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets new vendors; updates and maintains vendor database as necessary
- Enters invoices into accounting system and matches to purchase orders; obtains additional information from project managers and/or purchasing if needed for coding or correct payment.
- Tracks purchase orders and open invoices to make sure payments are current and purchase orders are closed when appropriate
- Tracks and processes “special terms” vendors to meet company obligations and agreements
- Coordinates with Project Managers and Management on invoice approvals; checks status of unapproved invoices and provides support where needed
- Prints and posts all payments through the system
- Reconciles various accounts, including, but not limit to: Fasttrack, credit and fuel cards
- Reviews expense accounts and employee reimbursements for accurate accounting and processes in a timely manner
- Reconciles vendor statements to payments and follow-up on discrepancies monthly
- Tracks subcontract payments against contract obligations including verification of all paperwork, especially lien releases
- Prepares and processes 1099 tax forms at year end through the system
- Archives payable records in compliance with record retention specifications
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Supports Front Desk Administrator on multi-line phone system and greeting guests
- Administrative errands, ex. mail and postage
- Other duties as assigned
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs
- Demonstrated experience in accounting software
- Professional and courteous demeanor
- Problem solving, analytical skills, accuracy
- Self-starter with desire for learning and improving
- Driver’s license and clean driving record
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Knowledge of construction industry
- Working experience in Vista by Viewpoint
Position requires sitting for prolonged periods and occasional standing and walking. Manual dexterity required for computer work. There is occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs. Office work environment with a moderate noise level. Reasonable accommodations will be provided.
Peterson Mechanical offers an attractive benefits package, including generously subsidized health insurance, dental insurance, LTD, 401K with match and profit sharing.
Qualified candidates may respond to this posting by submitting a resume and cover letter.