FACILITIES MANAGERNapa Valley Community Housing
Primary Function: The Facility Manager is responsible for managing a team of employees in the maintenance and preventative maintenance efforts for multiple communities. This includes the physical aspects of the buildings HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, major appliances and amenities, as well as the management of appropriate outside vendors and contractors. Ensure efforts meet NVCH’s operational and safety standards and any applicable laws and regulations.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsibly manages and supervises all maintenance personnel, including training, scheduling, assignment, direction, performance review (including input on pay adjustments), hiring and discipline consistent with agency policy.
- Implements and monitors programs to maximize revenue, control expense, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Manages the maintenance needs of multiple communities to ensure the physical condition of the community and contribute to the agency’s annual business goals.
- Manages company maintenance service standards ensuring timely completion and follows through to ensure issue is resolved.
- Manages the apartment home turnover and preventative maintenance programs to maximize the value to the community. Assesses the value of damage to the apartment homes that is charged to departing resident. Ensures apartment turnovers are completed within established time frame and to organizational standards.
- Assists in the development of the annual maintenance operating budget and manages department expenditures within approved budget.
- Purchases parts, chemicals, and paint according to our requirements for account spending.
- Conducts regular inspections of every community that include grounds, buildings and apartment homes to ensure that all physical aspects of the community are fully functional at all times. Prepares for and participates in third party inspections of the communities to ensure that we are meeting the expectations of the third party organization.
- Implements, or directs the implementation, of all applicable agency policies and procedures. Ensures compliance as needed.
- Negotiates with external maintenance vendors and suppliers as needed. Monitors and enforces contract terms via communication with the Vice President of Property Management.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local laws, specifically Fair Housing regulations.
- Creates and maintains an inventory of NVCH owned tools and equipment. Budgets for and purchases equipment required for maintenance department.
- Represent the organization in a professional manner at all times.
- Act as a resource to on-site managers and staff.
- Attend staff meetings or other meetings as scheduled.
- Help manage and complete all special projects.
- Report any unusual resident activities to the Vice President of Property Management immediately.
- Ensure on-call schedules are in place and all communities are covered for emergency response.
- All other duties as assigned.
NAPA VALLEY COMMUNITY HOUSING
Status: Exempt Full Time Position
Supervisor: VP of Property Management Department: Property Management
Education, Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Further education in construction, project management, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc. desired.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of multi-family property management or other building maintenance experience performing the duties of Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Technician.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages, and totals.
- Solid performance management skills, including the ability to communicate performance expectations, document performance conversations, coach and document performance issues and complete performance management expectations as guided by the agency.
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment and discretion to make decisions designed to achieve agency expectations and goals for the community.
- Basic computer skills, ability to use Microsoft Office, Property Management software (Yardi, Real Page, etc.) and ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to frequently use general maintenance tools, supplies and equipment such as, but not limited to, hand tools, pressure washers, blowers, paint equipment, extractors, pool chemicals, ice removal equipment, ladders, landscaping equipment, sandblasters and safety equipment and ability to train others in their safe and appropriate use.
- Must be able to multi-task and be flexible.
- Must have own vehicle, valid CA driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Must comply with all applicable rules and regulations of Napa Valley Community Housing.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to all weather conditions. Work in all buildings and on roofs. Walks, climbs ladders, stoops, kneels, crouches, reaches, sits, bends and stands for long periods of time. Must be able to lift, push and pull 50 lbs. May be required to work beyond normal work hours and be available for emergencies as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some projects may require out-of-the-area travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.