Business Manager - District Fiscal Services
Requirements / Qualifications
• Five (5) years of increasingly responsible professional accounting experience preferably in a government agency or performing fund accounting during which experience was gained in preparing fiscal reports and projections;
• Bachelor of Science degree in business administration, accounting, or related field of study is required. However, professional accounting experience beyond the required 5 years may be substituted for the required college education on a year for year basis and education beyond a Bachelor of Science degree may be substituted for up to 2 years of the above experience on a year for year basis;
• California school district experience is highly desirable;
• Some management or supervisory level experience is also desired;
• Possess or obtain upon employment, a valid California Driver's License;
• Provide proof of automobile insurability;
• Meet the physical requirements necessary to perform assigned duties safely and effectively, including lifting twenty-five (25) pounds on an occasional basis and in excess of twenty-five (25) pounds with assistance.
Employees are provided with an insurance plan, which includes health, vision, and dental insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents, at a shared cost. Participation in this plan is mandatory for employees working 30 plus hours a week. Benefits are optional for part-time employees working 20 – 29.99 hours per week. Employee will be a member of the Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS) to which both the employee and MCOE contribute. Employee may elect to be a member of the Mendocino County Federation of School Employees Union. MCOE does not participate in the Social Security system.
Potential applicants are advised that the meeting of stated job requirements does not assure invitation to interview. This position may be temporarily filled by a substitute or in-house employee who may also be a candidate. All candidates are welcome to make inquiries at any time.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER