Under general supervision, performs professional accounting work, prepares complex financial reports, reviews accounting systems and procedures, troubleshoots financial processes and software issues and provides technical guidance and assistance to other staff and school districts.
Requirements / Qualifications
• Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college in accounting or related area, or;
• Two (2) years of performing professional accounting work at a school district during which complex accounting reports were prepared, accounting procedures were put in place or related professional accounting work was performed, or;
• Six (6) years of accounting support experience such as performed by Accounting or Grant Technicians at MCOE, preferably in a government agency, during which complex accounting reports were prepared, accounting procedures were put in place or related complex recordkeeping work was performed; • Possess or obtain upon employment, a valid California Driver License;
• Provide proof of automobile insurability;
• Lifting twenty-five (25) pounds and on an occasional basis in excess of twenty-five (25) pounds with assistance. APPLICATION PROCESS To be considered for this position, the candidate must submit the following: • An online application;
• A cover letter stating specific competencies for the position;
• A resume with clearly described education and employment background, including dates of employment at each organization;
• A copy of a required Degree or Credential(s) or Transcripts. Official Transcripts needed at time of hire.
Employees are provided with an insurance plan, which includes health, vision, and dental insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents, at a shared cost. Participation in this plan is mandatory for employees working 30 plus hours a week. Benefits are optional for part-time employees working 20 – 29.99 hours per week. Employee will be a member of the Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS) to which both the employee and MCOE contribute. Employee may elect to be a member of the Mendocino County Federation of School Employees Union. MCOE does not participate in the Social Security system. SPECIAL NOTES Potential applicants are advised that the meeting of stated job requirements does not assure invitation to interview. This position may be temporarily filled by a substitute or in-house employee who may also be a candidate. All candidates are welcome to make inquiries at any time. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER