Substitute Teacher Grade 3 - Long Term
Kenwood School District
August 17, 2020 – November 20, 2020
We are currently searching for a confident and experienced Substitute Teacher to join our team. If you are a friendly and competent professional with interest in education, then we’re interested in you. Your duties will include assigning homework, managing classroom activities, and compiling reports.
To excel in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of effective teaching practices that ensure learning is a comfortable and meaningful experience. Our ideal candidate has excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, with a strong command of the English language.
Substitute Teacher Responsibilities:
- Adhere to the curriculum and lesson plans assigned by the regular teacher.
- Follow procedures and achieve lesson goals.
- Assign and explain homework.
- Oversee students outside of the classroom including in the hallways and cafeteria.
- Comply with all school regulations and policies at all times.
- Take attendance and document daily notes.
- Ensure classroom and work is kept clean and orderly.
- Oversee the normal classroom rhythms and activities.
- Compile a report for the teacher for when he/she returns.
Substitute Teacher Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Teaching is preferred.
- Certificate in teaching or substitute teaching.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Must be detail oriented and able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.