Johnston Thomas, Attorneys at Law, PC, seeks an experienced full-time paralegal. Paralegals work closely with attorneys to manage cases from inception through trial. Responsibilities include direct communications with clients to respond to discovery, drafting discovery and summarizing responses, drafting substantive correspondence and pleadings, deposition preparation, and expert discovery.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous law firm experience.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office - Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with case management software
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of California Rules of Court and Code of Civil Procedure
- Knowledge and experience calendaring court deadlines in Federal and State Courts
- Knowledge and experience filing documents electronically in Federal and State Courts.
- Ability to analyze legal documents and ensure accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments to completion with limited guidance.
Candidates must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong initiative, analytical skills, attention to detail, and diligence.
Competitive market range salary and benefits. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing