Water and Energy EducatorCounty Of Sonoma
Water and Energy Educator - Extra-Help $23.63 - $28.72/Hourly
Sonoma Water is hiring a Water and Energy Educator - Extra-Help (intermittent) to join the Water Education team. This position will be responsible for:
- Teaching students in classrooms and outdoor field study sites
- Assisting with the implementation of education programs focused on water conservation, climate change, watershed awareness, fisheries, water quality, wastewater treatment, storm drain pollution, and energy efficiency
- Supporting creek clean-up and restoration activities with students and the public
- Performing light maintenance on facilities and interpretive displays
The ideal candidate is:
- Experienced in providing environmental and natural resource education to school-age children and/or the public, including facilitating lessons, and developing education programs and/or curriculum
- A team player who can work independently at schools and outdoor field locations
- Able to effectively and tactfully work with students, teachers, and the general public
Bilingual Spanish or multilingual skills are desirable.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.