Water Agency Engineer ICounty Of Sonoma
Water Agency Engineer I - Extra-Help $41.77 - $50.77/Hourly
Under close supervision of a professional engineer, the Water Agency Engineer I will perform a wide variety of engineering work and assist in the preparation of plans, specifications, and cost estimates for small construction projects related to the planning, design, construction, and operation of facilities used for water supply and transmission, wastewater collection, treatment, sludge disposal, and flood control projects. Project responsibilities may also include, tracking budgets and schedules, oversight during construction, and completion of record drawings upon project completion.
The ideal candidate will have familiarity with processes used at water and wastewater facilities, be a self-motivated, focused, and detail-oriented individual, and possess the following:
- Experience researching and compiling data from multiple sources
- Familiarity with plans and Construction Specifications Institute specifications, drafting, AutoCAD, and experience with Microsoft Access, Excel, and Word
- The ability to provide project management for small operations and maintenance projects
- Knowledge of regulatory and permitting processes for State and Regional Water Quality Control Boards and the California Air Resources Control Board
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.