Systems Software AdministratorCounty Of Sonoma
Systems Software Administrator
$7,645 - $9,292/Monthly
Sonoma Water is recruiting an enthusiastic, curious, team player with excellent communication skills to join our Information Technology team as a Systems Software Administrator. This position will be a technical lead for IT infrastructure and operations across the organization to ensure that technical solutions maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our critical software and network infrastructure.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design, plan, implement, maintain, and administer foundational technologies such as: Virtualization, Storage administration, Web (IIS), Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, and network infrastructure.
- Perform analysis on new technology solutions and their impact on existing hardware, software, and process; making informed recommendations to management and customers.
- Design, configure, maintain, and administer local and wide area networks.
- Provide for and analyze system capacity, performance, service levels, and compliance.
- Log, document, and prioritize routine and project work.
- Prepare documentation for system design, end user instructions, and operational procedures.
- Partner with vendors or cross-functional teams on support and project initiatives.
- Participate in on-call rotation with other team members.
- Exercise strong communication skills and superb analytical skills on a daily basis.
These skills are desired:
- Extensive scripting and automation experience
- Experience with SCADA systems, especially WonderWare
About Sonoma Water
Sonoma Water is a special district formed by the California State Legislature in 1949 and is responsible for providing a safe and reliable water supply to its customers in Sonoma and Marin counties. Sonoma Water also maintains 75 miles of flood control channels and provides sanitation services. Employing approximately 230 employees, Sonoma Water consists of five divisions including Engineering and Resource Planning, Environmental Resources and Public Affairs, Water/Wastewater Operations, Maintenance, and Administrative Services. Sonoma Water supports the concept of environmental sustainability, focusing on renewable power sources, and strives to be a leader in its water conservation and fishery restoration programs.