Public Works Maintenance Worker ICounty Of Sonoma
Public Works Maintenance Worker I $3,252 - $3,953/Monthly
- An annual Staff Development/Wellness Benefit allowance up to $500 and ongoing education/training opportunities
- Competitive vacation and sick leave accruals, 12 paid holidays, and an additional 8 floating holiday hours per year
- County paid premium contribution to several health plan options
- County contribution to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help fund post-retirement employee health insurance/benefits
- Retirement fully integrated with Social Security
- May be eligible for up to 8 weeks (320 hours) of Paid Parental Leave after 12 months of County employment
- Eligibility for a salary increase after 1,040 hours (6 months when working full-time) for good work performance
- With time and good performance, the opportunity for advancement to Maintenance Worker II ($4,687/month)
TPW is responsible for the construction, operation, and maintenance of the County-Maintained public road system, administering numerous capital paving and road safety improvement projects every year. Public Works Maintenance Workers perform a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled light and heavy manual tasks related to road maintenance and related duties. The ideal candidate will be:
- Experienced in road construction and maintenance
- Experienced using light mechanical machines and hand tools
- Able to understand multiple directions and complete work accurately
- Committed to working safely
- Dependable, with a strong work ethic
- Experienced with computer software to complete daily time records
Work Assignment & Locations: Public Works Maintenance Workers may be assigned to a Road, Culvert, Traffic, or Airport Crew and may work at the Airport or any of the Road Maintenance Yard locations including Healdsburg/Annapolis, Cotati, Sonoma, Guerneville, or Santa Rosa.
Working Conditions: Duties require sitting, standing, walking on level and slippery surfaces, reaching, kneeling, bending, stooping, crawling, squatting, crouching, and grasping. They also require the need to lift, carry, and push equipment, materials, and supplies weighing up to 100 pounds. Incumbents are required to work in close proximity to moving traffic and to work in all weather conditions including rain, cold, heat, and fumes, dust, and other air contaminants which may cause eye and skin irritation. The nature of the work also requires incumbents to climb ladders, ride personnel lifts, and work in confined spaces; to handle noise producing tools and equipment, and to drive a motorized vehicle. Incumbents will be subject to random drug testing if they operate vehicles and/or equipment listed under the Federal Department of Transportation regulations requiring such testing. The position requires availability for after-hours emergency response.
*Salary is negotiable. Benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. Additional information can found in the Service Employees International Union Local 1021 Memorandum Of Understanding (SEIU MOU).This employment list may also be used to fill future extra-help (temporary) vacancies as they occur during the active status of the list. The Civil Service title of this position is Maintenance Worker I.