Legal Staff SupervisorCounty Of Sonoma
Legal Staff Supervisor $4,461 - $5,421 Monthly
This Legal Staff Supervisor position plans, organizes, directs, reviews, and supervises the work of a team of five Senior Legal Processors (SLP) and three Senior Office Assistants (SOA) in the Family, Youth & Children (FYC) Division. SLP's support the research, preparation, issuance, and maintenance of legal documents. SOA's provide general office support including, but not limited to, creating forms, supporting the adoptions program, filing, document imaging, and processing office mail.
The Legal Staff Supervisor exercises considerable discretion and judgment when resolving workflow problems, supporting staff needs, and formulating policies and procedures affecting departmental operations.
Although the primary focus of this position is the supervision and coordination of day-to-day staff activities, the Legal Staff Supervisor also works closely with the Juvenile Court as a liaison, to collaboratively plan, coordinate, and implement best practices, which enhance FYC and Juvenile Court efficiencies.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A practical approach to formulating procedures and policies affecting support staff operations; discretion and sound judgment in the creation of work-flow solutions
- Experience coordinating the day-to-day activities of legal and office support staff
- Knowledge of Juvenile Dependency Court legal documents and associated paperwork; experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Child Welfare System software
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- An aptitude for working well with a diverse client base
- The demonstrated ability to be poised under pressure
- A positive leadership style and excellent problem-solving abilities
Equal Opportunity Employer