Housing Social Worker Assistant Adult and AgingCounty Of Sonoma
Housing Social Work Assistant Adult & Aging - Time Limited
$3,636 - $4,421/Monthly
About the Position
The need for safe, stable and affordable housing for Sonoma County's seniors and adults with disabilities continues to grow. This Housing Social Work Assistant position will provide support for the Adult & Aging (A&A) Division's HomeSafe and Housing and Disability Advocacy Programs (HDAP). HomeSafe provides intensive case management services and direct financial assistance for housing-related needs. HDAP assists individuals who are homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless, find housing and apply for benefits (such as Supplemental Security Income and Veteran's benefits).
This position will support the implementation of highly specialized, time sensitive housing related services, as designed in each client's service plan. Typical duties of the position may include:
- Reviewing HDAP program eligibility criteria with potential clients.
- Assisting clients with completing housing applications.
- Providing information and referrals; encouraging clients to seek help from County and community services.
- Distributing food, clothing, bus passes, and other items to clients in the office and in the community.
- Performing client data collection and entry into databases and spreadsheets to generate reports and files in support of professional staff.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Experience working with clients who are elderly and/or have disabilities.
- Knowledge of community resources, including housing resources, that serve these populations.
- Familiarity with case notes and social service related documentation.
- Sound judgment and the ability to work independently.
- Computer proficiency.