Current Planning ManagerCounty Of Sonoma
Current Planning Manager
$8,252 - $10,032/Monthly
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Planning, the Current Planning Manager plans, organizes, coordinates, and directs the work of Permit Sonoma's Project Review (Current Planning) Section. Directly supervising two Planning Supervisors, a Health Specialist, and Secretary, this position reviews the duties of professional and support staff engaged in the approval of private land and land use development projects. Additionally, the Current Planning Manager recommends and implements the Sections budget; manages planning consultants; is responsible for contract administration; coordinates Section work with other Divisions of Permit Sonoma, County departments, Federal, State, and local agencies and boards; and recommends and implements policy and procedural changes for the betterment of the County's strategic and regulatory framework.
The ideal candidate for Current Planning Manager is an open minded, perceptive, and proactive leader who possess a vision for the future, and:
- Experience with environmental compliance and considerations in the design, location, and construction of public projects and private development, including residential and commercial projects.
- Extensive knowledge of California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and other local, state, and federal land use guidelines, and their effective application on development projects.
- Strategic leadership abilities, with a track record of successfully building teams, managing professional and support staff, and meeting work plan goals, priorities, and deadlines
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to identify the critical path, track progress, and achieve project milestones in a timely manner.
- An aptitude for building strong working relationships with the public, other departments, regulatory agencies, and elected officials.
- The ability to effectively communicate through verbal presentations and written reports.
Equal opportunity employer.