Adult Protective Services Social Service Supervisor IICounty Of Sonoma
Adult Protective Services Social Service Supervisor II
$6,301 - $7,659/Monthly Apply by 08/20/2019
The Adult Protective Services (APS) team investigates suspected incidents of elder and dependent adult abuse, neglect, and exploitation. Responsibilities of the unit include conducting risk assessments, creating service plans, documenting cases within required time frames, and coordinating with law enforcement, legal and medical services, and other social service agencies.
Social Service Supervisor II's review and approve case actions, provide consultation with social workers, and review cases submitted for closure. This APS Social Service Supervisor II supervises a team of Social Service Worker IVs, providing oversight for each Worker's investigation caseload. This position:
- Equitably and effectively plans, organizes, and supervises subordinate staff workloads
- Holds group and individual meetings to review work activities for appropriateness of services and referrals, and conformance with State regulations, as well as local program policies and procedures
- Meets, consults, and collaborates with other HSD supervisors and partner agencies, to coordinate unit work
- Performs a variety of supervisory tasks, including the evaluation and training of staff, the explanation of staff needs to administration, and the facilitation of meetings with staff and community partners
- Provides backup to staff as needed by interviewing clients, procuring and evaluating information, and making appropriate recommendations in difficult cases
- Participates in on-going program development and policy and procedure protocol to ensure compliance with best practices
- Participates in weekly rotation as the after-hours supervisor on call for the APS Emergency Response Program
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.