Grounds and Maintenance
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be able to use appropriate tools in a safe manner
- Maintains water/plumbing system and fixtures, including sprinkler & drip systems
- Maintains heating/cooling and lighting systems
- Performs carpenter repairs/new construction (doors, walls, windows, etc.)
- Pours, finishes and maintains concrete/asphalt surfaces
- Repairs or completes roofing surfaces
- Paints interior and exterior surfaces
- Completes minor electrical repairs/installations
- Maintains all tools and equipment used in job performance
- Take the lead in campus safety requirements (asbestos, lead, fire alarms, safety committee, danger areas, blood borne pathogens, IMP. Etc.)
- Maintains grounds including mowing, edging, trimming, planting, weeding and irrigation systems, etc.)
- Consults with Superintendent/Principal when outside services may be needed
- Maintains professional staff relationships and work ethics
- Receives/responds to work order requests from staff
- May be assigned custodial duties
- Attends safety training in-services, safety classes, etc.
- Must meet Post Offer Pre-employment Physical standards
- Evidence of skills and knowledge in each of the areas noted above
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid California Driver's License
- CPR & First Aid Certification
- Ability to learn and execute cleaning tools in a safe and efficient manner
- Will meet schedules and timelines
- Able to understand and follow written and verbal directions in English
- Supervision Exercised and Received
- Supervises any maintenance assistant(s); these may be high school kids for summer work, temporary employees or contractors coming into the campus to do maintenance
- Supervised by the Superintendent/Principal
- Maintain assigned facilities in clean, orderly, safe and secure manner
- Learn procedures of cleaning tools
- Use common cleaning equipment and materials in a safe and efficient manner
- Relate in a positive manner with other employees
- Work cooperatively with others
- Lift objects weighing up to 80 pounds
- Meet schedules and timelines
- Understand and follow oral and written directions in English
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to lift arms above shoulder position, climb, bend, squat and assume awkward positions; climb and work from ladders; lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
Regularly required to talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
Appropriate vision abilities.
The employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment may be very loud.